Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nichol getting more stares, followers

As expected, Keith Nichol has become a bit of a celebrity since his Hail Mary catch to beat Wisconsin. His family in Lowell also is feeling the love. Here's what Nichol had to say on his life in the last few days.


"It’s been pretty crazy. The reaction from all the fans is just tremendous and you’re really seeing how much football means around here. They’ve treated me extremely well and it’s just been an exciting time. My family is getting flowers sent to their house. I’m asking who they’re from and we have no idea. People are excited about big wins like that. It’s funny. My friends told me to get a Twitter (@KeithNichol7), so I joined that world now. I don’t even know what’s going on in there. I don’t know how to maneuver that."

"I didn’t get any flowers. My mom and dad got flowers. I don’t know what’s going on with that."

Nichol hasn't exactly been the Big Man on Campus, but he is getting noticed.

"Actually it’s not more screaming and waving, it’s just kind of weird stare-bys. People are like, ‘Is that who I think it is?’ That’s been the biggest thing, more than people screaming at me."


The night of the game (or next morning), Nichol said he got back to his place around 1:30 a.m., but didn't get to bed around 5. Even then, he couldn't get to sleep.


"I saw (the game) on and I was like, ‘I lived through it. I’m just going to try to enjoy the moment with my friends and just stay away from it for a little bit. I’ll watch film on it tomorrow. I saw the play over and over on ESPN."

Luckily he didn't need to get back to the football building until 3:30 p.m. the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment