Friday, September 2, 2011

Some pregame photos

Day-long excitement here in East Lansing for the home opener against Youngstown State. Kickoff is at 7:30 on Big Ten Network. Here are a few pictures I snapped on my phone while walking around the tailgating scene. A reminder, follow me on Twitter to chat during the game.

Notice there is no logo at midfield. Also, Arthur Ray Jr. is on the dress list.

The Spartan Marching Band walking past me on the Chestnut Road bridge.

 Wouldn't be gameday without Johnny Spirit.

Dantonio and the captains lead the Spartan Walk from the Kellogg Center, past the Spartan Statue, to the stadium.


Players and coaches leave pennies and touch the Spartan statue during the walk. 

Mark Hollis talks with WJR during the pregame show.

A rock outside the main atrium in honor of the MSC Varsity Club members who died in WWI. There is a mistake: I.F. Lankey should be F.I. Lankey, the man who wrote the MSU fight song

 The 2010 Big Ten championship plaque

No logo at midfield. For what it's worth, the indoor practice field has a Spartan helmet logo at midfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment