Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spartans head to Iowa looking to end losing streak, take control of division

There will be more games other than Penn State/Nebraska going on this weekend, and it's a big one for MSU.

Win in Iowa City and the Spartans are in the driver's seat for the Legends division. But winning at Kinnick is a tall order. MSU has lost seven straight there and hasn't won since 1989. (For perspective, I was a few months old when that happened)

Here is my story on Saturday's matchup, along with notes on Edwin Baker's fumbling and injury updates.

Regarding Baker, this was an interesting quote from Dan Roushar: 

"He was very remorseful, not only for putting the ball on the ground, but the way he responded to it. I think it’s put things in perspective for him. Sometimes when you have success, it’s very difficult not to wonder what I get, rather than what the team gets. I think it’s put us all in check. All of a sudden, is winning the most important thing you’re doing? I think you have to ask yourself that as a member of that football team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment