Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some more postseason honors for Spartans

Just announced, Jerel Worthy is an Associated Press All-American. Worthy makes it four straight years with an AP All-American for MSU (Ringer '08, G. Jones '09 '10), tying a school record (1950-53)

Worthy is the first Spartan defensive lineman to earn AP All-American honors since Bubba Smith in 1966.

"This is an unbelievable accomplishment, but I can’t take all of the credit for myself,” Worthy said in a statement. “With our scheme, Coach (Pat) Narduzzi put me in position to make a lot of big plays. I’m fortunate to play for a great defense – one that has ranked among the nation’s top 10 in total defense all season.  


"I’m also blessed to play for a great coaching staff, and these coaches have pushed me every day to be successful. They taught me not to be content with my game and encouraged me to consistently play at a high level. I also have to give a ton of credit to the other 10 guys on the field, who busted their butts to make themselves better throughout the season.”

Also from earlier today, Marcus Rush was named to Sporting News All-Freshman team.

No comments:

Post a Comment