Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Poll: Who has been the biggest surprise on the men's basketball team?

A little more than halfway into the 2011-12 season, MSU has performed much better than many expected.

With six newcomers and the loss of two of the better players in program history, there were a lot of questions around this team. But at 15-4 overall and 4-2 in the Big Ten, it's clear MSU is back on track.

But which player has been the biggest surprise?

Keith Appling had a lot of question marks taking over the point, Travis Trice and Brandan Kearney have had an impact as freshmen (Trice early on and Kearney recently). Austin Thornton is playing a bigger role than expected.

So take the poll on the right side of the page. I didn't include Draymond Green because I think everyone expected him to be the top-dog, so to speak. I included "other" as an option. If you think it's someone I left out, explain in the comment section on this post.

1 comment:

  1. I think Thorton has been the one who has surprised me most, although I might be binded by him keeping us in the game last night.

    After 8 games, I thought I'd be answering Trice right now, but he's hit a wall.

    Maybe my biggest surprise is how often Dawson disappears. I heard all the comparisons to Raymar Morgan, and those aren't even close. Don't get me wrong, I do think he will be good. So will Trice, Kearney and Gauna, who I was disappointed didn't get any minutes last night.

    ReplyDelete