Saturday, January 28, 2012

Some reactions to Spartans in Senior Bowl

I'm not home this weekend, so I don't get NFL Network, meaning I didn't see the Senior Bowl.

However, I still have access to the internet, so I know what happened. I DVRd the game, so I'll watch it next week and give my thoughts on how Kirk Cousins, Brian Linthicum and Trenton Robinson did. The North won, 23-13.

As I've said before, don't look too much into the stats from this game. It's more about if guys make a play or not. The Monday-Wednesday practices are much more important to scouts, and all three Spartans performed well. (For practice recaps from earlier in the week, click here)

Cousins finished 5-for-11 passing for 114 yards, one touchdown and one interception.



Linthicum started for the North and had one catch for nine yards on the team's first offense play.

Robinson also started for the North. I couldn't find defensive stats, but Robinson did have a fumble recovery in the first quarter.

Again, I'll have my thoughts next week, but here are others' thoughts on the Spartans in the game:

Dion Caputi of National Football Post: "#MichiganSt Trenton Robinson made a half-hearted effort to bring down #Baylor RB Terrance Ganaway on the last play; more of a cover-safety."

Caputi: "Couple Big Ten players hooking up, as #MichiganSt QB Kirk Cousins hit #OSU WR Devier Posey. Tight-window throws by Cousins, Posey ran well."

Caputi: "#MichiganSt QB Kirk Cousins looked for #OSU WR Devier Posey in corner endzone; Posey broke route; easy INT for #Vanderbilt CB Casey Hayward."

Shane Hallam of draftcountdown.com: "8 plays, 80 yards. Kirk Cousins makes it look easy out there"

Caputi: ""@NateJohnstonMSU: Kirk Cousins show anything that could help his draft stock today?" -- Not great but solid. Made some true NFL-type throws"

Hallam : "Loved (Linthicum's) blocking today. Didn't excel against safeties though."

Hallam: "Good. Loved (Robinson's) effort and tenacity, but limited upside."

Sophomore cornerback Darqueze Dennard: "S/O to dem #SpartanDawgs that played in the senior bowl; great game y'all!! @T_Robinson39 @KirkCousins8 @B_Linthicum88 yall motivate me !!"

No comments:

Post a Comment